Hunton Andrews Kurth is an active member of the World Law Group, an invitation-only, global network of leading law firms with offices in 78 countries. For nearly 30 years, World Law Group firms have built deep personal and professional bonds, attending twice-a-year conferences and working closely together on hundreds of substantial projects. Through the World Law Group network, we provide clients seamless access to first-tier legal assistance, unsurpassed local knowledge and global sophistication around the world.
World Law Group Quick Facts
- Founded in 1988, one of the first global law firm networks to be established
- 57 member firms, in 78 countries, on six continents
- 360 offices in the world's major commercial centers
- 18,000+ lawyers in a comprehensive range of practice areas
- Languages spoken: 150+
- Membership is by invitation only. New members are evaluated to meet the World Law Group's top-tier professional practice and client service standards.
- Philosophy of a well-managed network, governed by collegiality, respect, shared values and trust
How We Work Internationally
- We handle cross-border matters seamlessly
- We work closely with WLG and other firms and lawyers we know well
- We assure our client receives, in every jurisdiction, the same efficiency and caliber of service they expect from Hunton Andrews Kurth
- We tailor our response to our client's need, be it serving as a single point of contact and coordinating counsel across all jurisdictions, or simply providing swift introduction to trusted foreign counsel
Global Resources at Your Service
Global business, investments, transactions and disputes are increasingly significant and prevalent. Yet international legal advisory needs are always as unique as each individual client. For one company, the ability to access responsive, top-flight legal professionals on the ground in varied jurisdictions any day (and time zone) is essential. For another, occasional guidance and insight into the laws and regulations of a specific jurisdiction, or just confirming “how things are done” in a particular region, might be all that is required.
Maintaining the responsiveness, international reach, operational flexibility and cost-efficiency required to meet a range of clients’ needs for top-quality legal services all around the world has been the World Law Group’s central mission since its founding almost 30 years ago.
Each WLG member firm shares a commitment to delivering exceptional legal services and an enthusiasm for helping each other to continuously enhance the quality of those services for the benefit of all of the members’ clients, wherever they do business.
Why a Network Rather Than a Single “Global” Firm?
- Surveys of in-house counsel confirm
- Their needs for legal services have globalized along with their companies’ businesses
- Most do not believe a single “global” firm can fulfill legal needs
- Clients want lawyers who know
- Local law and regulation
- Local leaders who shape the local landscape
- No single “global” firm can be as knowledgeable about local law and business as the top local firms
- No “global” firm can consistently provide high-quality service around the globe
- Economics—no “global” firm can afford to build 50 equally robust, global offices
- Talent—local market leaders consistently compete more effectively for exceptional local legal talent
Why the World Law Group?
- Not just a marketing directory
- WLG network referrals are based on
- Known quality
- Personal relationships
- WLG members are preeminent firms in their national or regional markets
- “Full-service”—covering all key practices and industries
- Experienced in serving the needs of clients cross-border and around the world
- Committed to responsive, efficient and effective service
WLG Practice and Industry Groups
- Antitrust & Competition
- Artificial Intelligence
- Corporate Governance
- Energy Mining & CleanTech
- Human Resources
- Infrastructure & Public-Private Partnerships
- Intellectual Property & Information Technology
- International Corporate Transactions
- International Tax & Private Wealth
- International Trade Law
- Life Sciences
- Litigation, Arbitration & Dispute Resolution
- Privacy & Data Protection
- Restructuring & Insolvency Resolution
- Venture Capital